24 Home Remedies to Cure Back Pain or Sciatica
Recently back pain has become a big problem in a big range of age group from teenage to older age groups. Wrong sitting and standing postures, over hard work, stress, anxiety, irregular eating and sleeping habits and some chronic diseases are the major reasons of back pain. Healthy life needs right and disciplined lifestyle. There are various causes of back pain in males and females. In females leucorrhea is one of the biggest causes of back pain.
Some time tested homemade remedies are given here to prevent and cure back ache or sciatica.
Homemade Remedies to Cure Back Pain
- First and very important tip to prevent back ache is right sitting, walking and standing postures. Always use the proper size of table and chair to work and study. Walk and stand straight always.
- Night jasmine decoction is one of the home made remedies to cure back pain. Pluck 21 green and fresh leaves of the night jasmine tree (Parijata or Harsingar tree), wash them and boil in two cups of water. When the water left only one cup, filter the decoction and let it cool. Consume the decoction empty stomach.
- Lime Powder (Chuna):
Sometimes the cause of back pain is a deficiency of calcium carbonate in the body. Lime powder is a big and best source of calcium. Consume lime powder (in the size of one wheat grain only) with fresh water to cure back ache.
Do the following exercise regularly to cure back pain:
This exercise is so useful that it is only enough to cure back pain (Cure Back Pain, Sciatica, Knee Pain Cervical pain)
Steps to do the exercise:
- Stand straight close to wall as shown in the video.
- Move your fingers on the wall in the upward direction.
- Do your heels upward.
- Stretch your body upward and stand only on toe and fingers.
- Stretch your body upward as much as you can but be comfortable.
- Count till 10 in the beginning and increase this counting till 50.
- Now come back downward slowly.
- Move your fingers on the wall downward.
- Down your heels.
- Stand in a comfortable posture close to the wall.
- Repeat the exercise three to four times.
Note: You can do this exercise any time during the day whenever you feel comfortable.
This exercise seems and sounds easy and very simple, but it cured many patients of cervical and sciatica. All such patients are instructed by the doctor to do surgery. But with practice of one week only all are cured and now they are fine.
Aged people can also do it easily. This is better than the traction, Moreover, you can do it in accordance to your comfort.
Don’t consume the food items of more purine compounds like raw banana, cauliflower, curd, black or white lentils (urad) etc.
- Consume walnut (Hindi: Akhrot) in the morning time with empty stomach to cure and prevent back ache.
- Collect dry ginger (Sonth) and Puncture vine (Gokhru) in equal quantity, make decoction, add sweet sugar (Hindi: Mishri) and consume it twice a day in the morning and in the evening to get relief from back ache. Puncture vine (Gokhru) is available in all the stores which keeps herbs.
- Massage on back:
Do the massage on the back using lukewarm tarpeen oil to get relief from back pain.
- Add dried ginger (Hindi: Sonth) or two three leaves of garlic in the mustard oil and do it lukewarm. Apply the lukewarm oil on the back and do the massage to get relief from the back pain.
- Warming or Heating Back using warm or hot towel:
Dip a small towel in hot water, squeeze the towel and apply the towel on the affected part of the back. Do it 10 to 12 times daily to remove back pain.
- Warming or Heating Back using Warm Cloth:
As a substitute of warm or hot towel warming, warm cloth can be applied on the back. Warm the cloth using the electric press and apply the warm cloth on the back to cure back pain.
- Grind and make the powder of the following herb:
- Dried ginger (Hindi: Sonth)
- Haritki (Harad)
- Tinospora cordifolia (Giloy)
Consume this mixture daily, 1/2 teaspoon only, twice a day, during morning and evening with fresh water to cure back pain.
- Shisham tree is very useful in curing back pain. Collect bark (chal), leaves and beans of shisham tree. Grind all of them and make a paste. Add long and dried ginger (sonth) in the paste. Apply the paste on the back to cure back pain.
- Grind Azadirachta indica (neem) leaves and make its paste.
Add (babool) gum in the Azadirachta indica (neem) leaves paste. Apply the paste on the back to get relief from the back pain.
- Apply mustard oil on the castor oil plant (arand) leaves, lukewarm the leaves and tied the leave on the back to get relief from the back pain. This is an excellent remedy to cure back pain.
- Collect the following herbs:
- Sphaeranthus indicus (Gorakhmundi)
- Inula racemosa (Rasna)
- Dried Ginger (Sonth)
- Black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- Roasted turmeric powder (Haldi)
Grind all the herbs and make powder. Consume the powder twice a day with lukewarm water to cure back pain.
- Make the powder of following herbs and consume one teaspoon powder with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Raw salt
- Dried Ginger (Hindi: Sonth)
- Black Peeper
- Bidang (Baibidanga)
- Apply dry ginger, two tips turmeric powder and mustard oil on the leaves of adulsa and tied lukewarm leaves on the back to get relief from back pain.
- Collect the following herbs:Rosat, white jeera and black jeera, pure ghee.Make its powder, add raw salt and heeng in the powder and consume one teaspoon powder with honey to get relief from back pain (Sciatica).
- Collect following herbs in the given quantity:
- Dried ginger (Sonth) 25 grams
- Harad 100 grams
- Ajmod 100 grams
Grind all the herbs and make its powder. Consume the powder with lukewarm water in the morning to cure back pain.
- Boil the following herbs and make decoction. Consume the decoction twice a day.
- Dried ginger (Sonth)
- Dried gooseberry (Amla)
- Jaggery (Gud)
- Make a decoction of Peepal chal and consume the decoction twice a day.
- Collect the following herbs and make powder. Consume one teaspoon powder with lukewarm water to get relief from back pain.
- Sweet Sugar (Mishri) 30 grams
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) 20 grams
- Dried ginger (Sonth) 10 grams
- Get babool gum and grind it. Consume it with fresh water to get relief from back pain.
- Add kapoor in mustard oil and apply the oil on the back to get relief from back pain.
- Do the following exercise regularly to cure back pain.
Kindly share your experience with this article.
Feel free to ask any query………