13 Primal urges should not be Held Back to Ensure Longevity
Natural urges refers to the forces (“Vega”) aroused due to urges produced by nature such as tears, urine, stool, sneeze etc. These urges should not be suppressed in any case as holding back all these natural urges can cause various serious ailments in the body.
Clearance of impurities of the body is considered to be conducive towards longevity. Various types of diseases like pains, indigestion, gastric troubles, blood pressure, ulcers, stress, anxiety, mental disorders and many more, may occur due to holding back of the natural urges, Says Vedas.
13 Primal urges are as below:
- Urge of stool
Sudden impulses urges should not be held back forcibly. The brief description of the ailments caused by unnatural holding of natural urges is given below.
Holding back the urges of urine create air disturbance in the body. “Charaka Samhita” says air disturbance causes the ailment of number of diseases. Some of the diseases are as below:
- Pain in the bladder and penis
- Difficulty in urinating
- Bending of body
- Stiffness in groins or incarceration of wind therein
Holding back urine helps bacteria to grow, which can damage kidney, says doctors. According to doctors normal rate of urination is 8 to 10 times in a day.
Clearance of stool and other impurities of the body in the morning are mandatory to keep body fit and fresh. Some experts recommend the clearance of stool two times in a day, one in the morning and another in the evening.
Holding back of stool results following problems in the body:
- Pain in the stomach and headache
- Obstruction or stoppage of faeces and non-exit of gas through the anus
- Cramp like stiffness in calves
- Tightness and pain in abdomen due to incarceration of wind
- Uneasiness in the body
5 Consequences of holding back of semen are as below:
- Pain in penis and testicles
- Pain in limbs
- Pain in heart
- Stoppage of urine
- Mental stress
8 Consequences of holding back of vomiting are as below:
- Urticaria: These are round and red rashes on the skin.
- Loss of food desire
- Black spots on the face
Sneeze is a sudden involuntary expulsion of air from the nose and mouth due to some irritation of one’s nostrils. Sneeze is a vital part of our immune system. It keeps us fit and healthy by throwing out bacteria and viruses.
- Stiffness in neck
- Facial paralysis
- Hemecrania: It is a type of headache only at one side of head.
- Weakness of senses like eyes
Eructation is coming out void and useless guess from stomach through mouth with a specific short sound, also called belching. The main cause of eructation is swallowing air while eating and drinking.
- Hiccups: Hiccup is a very short involuntary and repeated sound from throat organ due to eating and drinking speedily.
- Lack of desire of food
- Tightness in heart and chest
Benefits of Eructation are as follows:
- Eructation give relief to the body.
- Eructation produce comfort to the abdomen and chest.
- Emaciation: Emaciation is a form of malnutrition that results severe weight loss.
- Debility: It is severe weakness.
- Change in complexion: Dullness ocures
- Pressing pain or squeeze in limbs
- Aversion to food
- Giddiness: Giddiness is a sensation of whirling and a tendency to fall or stagger.
When all such problem arises, one should take hot, light and greasy food to get recovery.
- Dryness in throat and face
- Asthma or breathing problem
- Pain in the heart
When all above problem arises, one should take cold drink in order to get recovery.
- Flow of water from the nose
- Eyes trouble
- Heart trouble
Its cure needs sound sleep, light cold drinks, hearing light music or interesting stories and engaging in conversation.
Tears has powerful healing capacity, it hills a person physically and emotionally. Benefits of tears are as follows:
- Tears remove mental stress
- Tears releases toxins
- Tears kills bacteria
- Tears clears vision
- Tears improves mood
- Tears releases feelings and boosts communication process. What one cannot say in normal mood, can say freely when sheds tears.
- Pressing pain in the limbs
- Head diseases
- Heaviness in the eyes
Its cure needs sleep and rubbing limbs with soft hands.
4 Directions Regarding Sleep to Ensure Good Digestion, Says Ayurveda
- First lies straight stretched on the back and take 8 breadths
- Thereafter, lie on the right side and take 16 breadths
- Thereafter, lie on the left side and take 32 breadths
- Thereafter, sleep in any posture in which you feel comfortable
The above regimen has been recommended in order to ensure that there is no interference with the digestive process. In this regard, Ayurveda says that fire is located in the left side above the navel point of all living beings. Therefore one should sleep on the left side for good digestion of food.
- Chronic enlargement of spleen
- Heart diseases
- Loss of consciousness
If such problems occur due to physical labor, one should take rest and do all those tasks that destroy the air element of the body like massage.