Foods to Avoid for Arthritis Diet
Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints that cause severe pain, swelling, stiffness, redness, and irritation in the joints and create difficulty in the day to day activities and body movement.
One of the important causes of arthritis is more uric acid in the blood. Every eatable has some Purine compound.
During the digestion process, the Purine compound is converted into uric acid which is excreted by the kidney.
Sometimes, due to a rich Purine diet uric acid deposits in the bones and joints. This deposition creates pain in the joint and damages the bones if not prevented timely.
Following eatables have comparatively more Purine component that becomes the cause of arthritis, gout, swelling, joint pain, etc. Therefore, to prevent arthritis either reduce or remove the following food items from your diet:
Foods that cause arthritis
Foods that cause arthritis should be avoided to stay healthy. The list of foods that cause arthritis is as below-
- Deep-fried foods items
- Cold drink and white sugar
- Urad Pulses
- Fast food, packed food items, junk food items
- Egg, meat, fish, and frozen foodstuff
- Liquor and smoking
All the foods listed above trigger arthritis pain soon. Hence, all this must be avoided. If you want to consume these items, consume them in less amount only.
Moreover, according to the body chemistry these items may harm more or less to arthritis suffered, so observe your condition and take decision accordingly.
Foods that cause arthritis or Foods to Avoid for Arthritis Diet
1. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Sugar and cold drinks
Consumption of sugar in more quantity is not good for health in any way.
Particularly, cold drinks are very harmful to patients suffering from arthritis.
Processed sugar set off inflammation and cause pain in the joints and bones of the body.
2. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Curd
- Curd during the night meal must be avoided to stay away from arthritis and related disorders. However, liquid curd mixed with mint leaves (Hindi: Pudina) and roasted cumin powder is not as harmful as the salty or sweet curd.
- The liquid curd is good for digestion. During the cloudy whether curd in any form must be avoided as it is not only harmful in arthritis but also injurious in many other ways like it increase cough and create related disorders.
- Strictly avoid taking curd in any form after the sunset or after 4 PM if you are suffering from gout, bunion, joint pain, muscle pain, arthritis, etc. It is highly injurious for such patients.
3. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Rice, and pulses
- Rice and pulses both are rich in purine compounds and increase uric acid too much. Particularly “Urad” pulses are very harmful in arthritis.
- Therefore, “Urad” must be removed from the diet of a person suffering from arthritis and asthma.
- Rice and pulses in the night are strictly prohibited in order to stay away from arthritis.
- However, all the pulses have purine components and therefore all are very unhealthy if you have arthritis. But if you have no choice and you want to consume pulses then take it before sunset or 4 PM only and strictly.
4. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Spinach (Hindi: Palak)
Spinach is a green leafy vegetable and very rich in vitamins and minerals.
But in arthritis sometimes a person feels difficulty in the consumption of spinach as it contains more purine compounds which cause pain in joints.
Therefore, it should be avoided particularly in the night meal.
5. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Milk
Cow Milk is good for all, but during the night before going to bed this should be avoided for patients with arthritis, gout pain, and joint pain, etc.
If you wish you can consume cow milk before two hours of sleeping to let it digest properly.
6. Drinking-Water in Arthritis
- Never consume cold water in arthritis particularly water that is kept in the refrigerator.
- The best water is clay pot water. Such water is cool in temperature and good in the summertime.
- Consume water before 90 minutes or after 90 minutes of your meal. To read more click the link here:
- Consume water sip by sip and after sitting somewhere.
- Never drink water in a standing position. It negatively impacts your joints and gives you pain.
7. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Fast food, packed food items, junk food items
All such food items like pizza, burgers, roasted bread, etc., and items available in packets are also not good in order to stay healthy. Fried food also harmful to severe arthritis and joint pain.
8. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Egg, meat, fish, and frozen foodstuff
All these must be avoided in arthritis as they increase pain, stiffness, and swelling in the joints.
9. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Liquor and smoking
Consumption of liquor and smoking both are strictly prohibited to keep you safe and healthy.
10. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Pickles
Pickles are rich in oils, fast salt, chilies, etc that are injurious to health. Pickles of any type must be avoided to prevent arthritis and joint pain.
11. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Almond (“Badam”)
Avoid almond in much quantity. Almond is rich in protein components, therefore, it creates stiffness in the joints. If you wish to consume, eat in less quantity.
12. Foods to avoid for Arthritis – Stale food items
Stale food items are not good for arthritis. This food gives swelling in the joints.
Some more things that must be avoided to live with arthritis are as below:-
1. Oversleeping and lethargic style
Oversleeping and lethargic style not only disturb digestion but also cause weight gain that further increase the symptoms of arthritis. So, always take a sound sleep.
2. Prevent indigestion
Indigestion of food is harmful to the body and enhance the symptoms of arthritis.
It creates constipation and acidity too. Read… The best remedy to cure Constipation
3. Avoiding Natural Urges to Prevent Arthritis
Never avoid natural urge as it increases air (Hindi: Vata) element in the body that disturb body chemistry and increase the disease. Never avoid natural urges to stay healthy
You may visit the link: Various foods and their Purine compound
4. Avoid anger stress and anxiety to prevent arthritis
Stress and anxiety change body chemistry and increase the symptoms of arthritis. To read more click the link:- 8 Vices must be kept away to stay healthy
Arthritis Diet – Best Treatment for Arthritis is Night Jasmine, Harshringar or Paarijat Tea
1. Night Jasmine (Hindi: Harshringar or Parijat)
Night jasmine is very effective in arthritis pain and works wonderfully.
No home remedy is as good as Night Jasmine. But before taking it you must know the proper method to take it.
Night Jasmine tea gives relief from pain and removes arthritis if it is consumed regularly in a proper manner.
To know how to consume the night jasmine read the link below:
2. Chenopodium album (Hindi: Bathua)
Bathua is a rich leafy vegetable full of vitamins and minerals. It can be used in various ways such as:
- Boil the leaves and mix with curd and consume at lunchtime
- Make a decoction of Bathua and consume it to get maximum benefits of Bathua in arthritis.
- Mix the leaves of Bathua in flour and make chapatis
Bathaua has a number of benefits for different diseases.
Note: Bathua is not good for pregnant ladies.
Avoid during pregnancy, as it can be a cause of miscarriage.
Coconut is good to control arthritis. It is good in all its forms. Raw coconut and dried coconut both are effective and control arthritis.
Take dried coconut and make slices and consume 5 to 6 slices daily to strengthen your bones.
4. Meditation (Hindi: Pranayam) and exercise
Meditation and daily exercise particularly Kapalbhati and Alternate breathing keep the breathing system strong and stay away from you from various disorders.
To know more click the link below:
5. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water in a day
The main cause of arthritis is the deposition of uric acid in the form of crystals.
Drinking sufficient water cleans the body and remove the uric acid from the body.
6. Morning walk
Morning walk stays you healthy and improves longevity. To read more click the link below:
Walnut is good for arthritis, gout, and joints pain.
Consume 5 to 6 walnuts early in the morning empty stomach daily to get relief in knee pain.
8. Bay leaves tea
Bay leaves works very well in removing uric acid from the body.
Steps are here to make bay leaves tea.
Steps to make Bay Leaves Tea
- Take 9 to 11 bay leaves and wash them properly
- Boil the leaves in about 2-liter water for 20 minutes.
- Keep the water to let it cool
- Consume water sip by sip throughout the day from the water pan
- Don’t remove the bay leaves from the water until it finishes
- Consume the whole water in a day and after finished the water repeat the process the next day also
- Continuously consume bay leave tea for 3 to 5 days until uric acid removed from the body
This is the fastest way to remove uric acid from the body.
But during the process avoid all the foods which increase uric acid in the body and further take precaution to stay away from joint pain and arthritis.
9. Consume green gourds, turnip, tomato, carrot, radish, french beans, etc.
Green gourds, lemon, turnip, and green beans are good for arthritis.
Foods good for arthritis
Fruits and Foods Good in Arthritis
Foods good for arthritis are so many that must be consumed on daily basis. Lotus seeds work wonders in Arthritis. So, either consume them raw or roasted, both good. But include them in daily diet plan to stay fit.
- Lotus seeds
- All fruits Papaya,
- Blueberry Guava,
- Melon, all are fine and you can consume.
You may like to visit the link given below:
Note – This text is for the purpose of information therefore, it should not be treated as a substitute for expert advice by a healthcare professional.
You might be interested to know about the text given below-