The Basic Components of Creation
Sattva, Raja, and Tama are the basic components of creation. The whole universe is bound with the three elements: Sattva, Raja, and Tama. Sattva, Raja, and Tama are very subtle elements and beyond the reach of five senses. These three elements can be realized only via 6th sense. However, these elements are present in daily practices. These are the parts of our nature, desires, habits, taste for food, thoughts, dreams, clothes, taste for music, sleeping, bathing, worshiping, eating, walking, talking, etc. They are reflected in each and every part of the life and in the universe too. Every object of the universe comprises these three elements in varied ratio whether those are five basic elements like earth, water, fire, air and ether or foods, and vegetables. The whole cosmos is under the impression of the three elements or “Triguna” except the God. God is “Trigunateet” or beyond the Sattva, Raja, and Tama.
Level of Consciousness and Sattva, Raja, Tama
The consciousness level of each person varies on the basis of how much Sattva, Raja, and Tama a person carries. Sattva, Raja, and Tama are the components of energy body of a person and invisible by its possessor also. This is the reason why each and every person differs from another person and this is the main cause of debate among the people on each and every topic. No one is ready to convince with another person and quarrels on a very small thing. Each one thinks that he is correct and another one is wrong, however, both are true on their point of view. All they convince and think as their consciousness level directs them to convince.
Different Levels of Consciousness
One person is able to communicate to supreme power (like Shri Ram Krishna Paramhansa) while other says there is no supreme power at all. One person worships daily while another person criticizes worshiping. One says God is everywhere another says God is nowhere. One says money is God while other says money must be as we need. One person cares parents as God while another kills parents. One person wishes to earn via hard work while another wants to earn by hurting the people. One sees God in idols while another sees God in Yagya. This is all just because of the differences in their levels of consciousness. The whole chaos that is seen in the world is due to the differences in the levels of consciousness.
14 Levels of Consciousness
At very beginning before the creation, there was nothing in the universe except the consciousness, or Para Brahman (GOD). Para Brahman is absolute consciousness and rests of the things whether visible or subtle derived from the Para Brahman and manifested in the universe are placed somewhere else on the 14 levels of the consciousness. These 14 levels of consciousness start from the Truth (Satyalok) and end to the 7th level of Hell (Patallok) as mentioned in the figure given above.
Which one of the planes among the 14 planes will be attained after leaving the physical body is depended on the proportion of Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas present in the person during the time of physical death.
The planes below the earth are more Tama than the planes above the earth.
- As a person forwards towards the purity and divinity the Tama element starts to reduce, the personality of the person starts to become soft, magnetic, attractive and pure while in reverse case when Tama element grows, the person starts to become stressed, annoying and irritating.
- Sattva element improves divinity in the person while Tama element increases devil tendencies in the person. Raja element acts as a fuel in other two components and activates them.
- Food and vegetables also comprise of these three elements in varying proportion. For instance, Onion and garlic are rich in nutritious power, but Tama in nature and enhance Tama tendencies in its consumer.
Personality Traits and Sattva, Raja, Tama
All we carry these three components but the intensity of the Sattva, Raja, and Tama are different. Personality traits of a person vary in accordance with the amount of Sattva, Raja, and Tama as discussed below:
- The personality of a person with greater intensity of Sattva component as compared to other two components:
- Hardworking, conscious, creative, alert, efficient, systematic and disciplined
- These people serve others without the thought of any gain from others
- Carry pleasing personality
- Never hurt to anyone by words and actions
- Consume very less quantity of food and consume satvic food
- Like to live with nature and live a life without any show-off
- Love unconditionally
- Wake up early in the morning
- Moderate behavior in every aspect
- Love slow music
- Love to God and worshiping
- Give off positive and healing vibes
- Happy and satisfied with their life
- The personality of a person with greater intensity of Rajsic component as compared to other two components:
- Serve others with the purpose of gain and profit
- Carry smart, clever and energetic personality
- Very busy in their own affairs they neither hurt others nor please others
- They have a definite purpose behind their every action
- They like to show off also if time and work demand it
- Love with a purpose
- Like moderate music
- If they worship they have a goal behind this too
- Constructive, alert and full of enthusiasm in life
- Personality of a person with greater Tama element
- They always remain in anger and full of ego.
- They are harsh by nature and hurt others by words and actions
- They always remain concern with their gains and profits
- They never hesitate even in the torturing others for their personal pleasures
- They consume more food as compared to the people of rajasic and sattvic personality
- They always want to attract other people for personal gains and pleasures
- Very selfish, cunning and destructive by nature
- They give off negative vibes
- Remain busy in the gratification of their senses on the cost of harming others