What is Low Blood Pressure or Hypotension?
Hypotension is the term used for low blood pressure that is (less than 90/60). A blood pressure reading appears in two numbers. The first and higher of the two is a measure of systolic pressure, or the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats and fills them with the blood. The second number measures diastolic pressure or the pressure in the arteries when the heart rests between the beats.
Low blood pressure is common in the old age group of people and in the people who consume less food. Some other causes of low blood pressure are as follows:
Causes of Low Blood Pressure
- Indigestion of food
- Old age
- Lack of eating
- Feeling of failure in life
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure
- Slow heart beat
- Stress and Tension
- Coolness in hands and feet
Home Remedies of Low Blood Pressure
- Consume nutritious food to control low blood pressure.
- Consume sprouted grams and pulses to control low blood pressure.
- Have green vegetables and salads to control low blood pressure.
- Have curd and chach to prevent and control low blood pressure.
- Consume two slices of Garlic in the morning with or without water to cure low blood pressure.
- Have long gourd (Hindi: Louki) in any form like soup, juice or boiled. Consume it without chilies and oil to control and cure low blood pressure.
- Consume the juice of peepal leaves with honey to cure low blood pressure.
- Arjuna is an excellent medicine for Heart, it has the capacity to even reduce heart attack and heart failure.Make the powder of Arjun bark (Hindi: chal) and have this powder with milk and jeggery. Decoction of Terminalia Arjuna is also very beneficial in low blood pressure. Arjun is known as Guardian of the heart.
- Consume ashvagandha and bahera powder with jeggery to cure low blood pressure.
- Make Mulhati and kutki powder and consume the powder with sweet sugar (mishri) to cure low blood pressure.
- Make decoction of fenugreek (Hindi: Maithi)and consume it with honey. It cures the low blood pressure problem forever.
- Collect wheat sattu and arjun chal powder in equal amount, roast them and consume the roasted powder one tea spoon and honey three spoons to cure low blood pressure and all the heart problems .
- Consume pomegranate juice with sweet sugar (Mishri) to control low blood pressure.
- Consume beet juice with raw salt daily to control low blood pressure.
- Consume fatless chach daily with meal to control low blood pressure.
- Consume raw onion to prevent low blood pressure.
- Consume kashiphal daily. It is good to control low blood pressure.
- Coffee is good in low Blood Pressure. Drink one cup of Coffee to control Low BP.
- Raisins (Hindi: Kishmish) is a natural herb to cure Low BP.
- Drink milk with almond, Raisins and Pistachios (Hindi: Pista) to control low blood pressure.
- Extract of holy basil (Hindi: Tulsi) is beneficial to control Blood Pressure. Take 12 to 15 leaves and get extract. Have this extract to control Low BP.