What are types of arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis
Contents: Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- What is Arthritis?
- Symptoms of Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Causes of Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Treatment of Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Fenugreek seeds to Arthritis (Hindi: Methi Dana)
- Lime Powder to Cure Arthritis
- Harshringar to Cure Arthritis
- Harshringar Tea
- The miracle of Harshringar in curing Arthritis
- Food recommended in Arthritis
- Food avoided in Arthritis
What is Arthritis? (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
Arthritis is a commonly found bone disorder in all the age group of people. Generally, it is seen after the age of 40 or more. There are various types of arthritis but commonly two types of arthritis are popular as written below:
- Osteoarthritis arthritis (OA)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
Symptoms of Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis arthritis
Common symptoms are as below:
- Severe Joints pain
- Swelling in the joints
- Feeling of itching in the joints
- Stiffness in the joints
- Redness in the joints
- In the severe case, joints may lose their normal shape also, etc.
Causes of Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
Causes of Arthritis – Excess Uric Acid
The main cause of arthritis is a high level of uric acid, developed due to eating habits. Most of the uric acid is filtered in the form of urine and stool. Sometimes due to excess of uric acid which is not filtered by the kidney, collected in the joints of bones and causes arthritis.
Causes of Arthritis – Family hereditary
Increase the chances of arthritis if you have family history wehter it is your mother side of father side.
Causes of Arthritis – Air or Vatta tendency of a body
If you have air (Vatta) tendency in your body then chances of arthritis become more. This kind of air rotates in the body and stored in the weak body areas and pain starts in the affected areas.
These affected areas are generally joints of the body parts.
Causes of Arthritis – Constipation
Constipation is the severe cause of arthritis. Not only arthritis but most of the diseases occur due to constipation.
Always take precuations to avoid constipation. Constipation damage your whole body and weaken the body too.
Causes of Arthritis – Gastric Problem
Gastric problem also damage the body and increase chances of arthritis.
Causes of Arthritis – Unhealthy Eating Habits
The main cause of all the diseases and arthritis also is your unhealthy eating habits. Consuming foods rich with proteaine is the cause of arthritis.
Consume food items with probper food knowledge to avoid diseases.
Treatment of Arthritis
(Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
Regular exercise is good and helps in preventing arthritis to become it acute. Additionally, the following alternate medicines give good results to cure and prevent arthritis to become severe:
- Fenugreek seeds (Hindi: Methi Dana)
- Chuna or lime powder
- Harshringar Leaves
- Cinnamon ( Dalachini ) with honey
- Consume 8 to 10 glass of water
- Avoid foods which increase uric acid
- Avoid constipation – Read, Best Treatment of Constipation
Arthritis Treatment Fenugreek seeds (Hindi: Methi Dana)
Maithi is useful to cure both the types of arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis).
Procedure: Take one teaspoon full methi dana and dip it into the water till whole night. In the morning filter it and drink the water. Filtered maithi can be used in cooking vegetables or can be chewed directly.
Note: Sometimes in the case of some people maithi creates skin burning problems. Hence, if it doesn’t suit, try some other alternative like lime powder.
Lime Powder (Hindi: Chuna) for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis
Lime powder (Chuna) which is used in Pan, is a big and best source of calcium carbonate and it supports to cure all the diseases, causes due to an increase in uric acid. Chuna is useful in the following diseases:
- A backache
- Knee pain
- Joint pains
- Any other pain related to bones and joints
- Bone fractures etc.
Lime powder (Chuna), which is used in betel leaves (Pan leaves) is amazing for health especially suffering a person from arthritis, joint pain, knee pain, backache, bone fractures, etc. It is a big and best source of calcium and it has various applications and uses and it cures more than 70 diseases.
English Name: Lime powder, pickling lime
Hindi Name: Chuna
Botanical Name: Calcium Carbonate
How to store it: Keep it in a cool place
How to buy it: Chuna can be purchased from any shop keeping betel leaves (pan leaves).
How to consume it: Never take more than one grain of wheat. One grain of wheat is more than enough to drink.
Chuna can be mixed in the size of one grain in any of the following in the morning with an empty stomach.
- Pan with fennel seeds (Hindi: sounff), Cardamom(Hindi: elaiche) and rose petals jam (Hindi: gulkand). It is very tasty and gives good digestion.
- Orange juice,
- Pomegranate juice etc.
Note: It is harmful if it is taken more than the size of one grain.
View the following link for details about Lime Powder:
- Chuna (Lime Powder) in Arthritis
- Read, 70 Benefits of Chuna Powder
- 11 Ways, To Consume Chuna or Choona in different diseases
- Chuna in Jaundice
- Chuna to increase height
- Chuna in pregnancy
- Chuna in joints pain
- Chuna in mental retardation
- Chuna to cure impotency
- Chuna in bone fracture
- Chuna in backache
Harshringar (Parijata) Leaf Juice
Harshringar Juice provides treatments for the symptoms for dengue, chikunngunya and malaria fever also in addeition to Arthritis problem. It also remove gas, cough, and fights against breathing disorders. It is rich with anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties which make it to fight against infections in the body.
Harsingar, Harshringar or Parjata is a divine tree used in the worship of Lord Krishna. This is a very common herb and it has various medicinal uses. Its green 10 to 12 leaves are used to make the decoction (tea) to cure various diseases such as:
- Malaria Fever, chronic fever or Dengue
- A backache
- Knee pain
- Parasitic inflation
- Cough and cold
Parijata leaves are found very beneficial in treating arthritis, whether it is Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid arthritis.
Procedure to Make Tea: (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Take 12 to 15 green leaves of a harshringar tree.
- Clean the leaves with fresh water.
- Boil leaves in 4 cups of water.
- Let them boil till water left one cup only.
- Squeeze the leaves with your soft hand.
- Pour the water into the cup.
- Let the tea cool.
- Give tea to the person suffering from arthritis.
- Drink this night jasmine (Parijata) tea till 3 months maximum.
- After 3 months give a break and then if needed, can be continued again for 3 months and so on.
- Generally, arthritis is cured for the duration of 3 months but if needed it can be continued for 3 months after giving the break of 1 month.
Harshringar Arthritis Tea
The miracle of Harshringar to cure Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis
- A Lady age 90 was suffering in acute arthritis pain. She is taking Parijata tea from last 20 days and she found it very useful to cure arthritis trouble. Initially, she was not able to stand without support. After the use of Parijata tea, she is feeling comfortable and now she can stand without any support.
- A working lady, the age of 50 was suffering in acute arthritis and feeling severe pain and itching in the joints. After the use of Parijata tea until a month, she is quite comfortable and feeling happy.
- An old man of age 93 was suffering from acute arthritis and eyesight trouble too from last 20 year. He is drinking now Parijata tea and found it effective not only in arthritis but also in his eyes.
Water, Fruits, and Vegetables Recommended for arthritis patients:
Water in Arthritis
(Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
Water is the best cleaner to remove toxicities. Minimum 10 glasses of water should be intake during a day by the person suffering from arthritis.
- Follow some tips while drinking water:
- Always drink water by taking small sips and in the sitting posture to avoid joint pains.
- Water kept in the copper jug gives additional benefits. It gives you health and good digestion both.
Additionally, if you drink water in the morning without washing your mouth it will give you health and luster both.
Fruits and Vegetables Recommended for arthritis patients:
(Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Fruits and vegetables having low purine compound are good to eat for the person suffering from arthritis.
- Low-purine items contain less than 50 milligrams of purines in every 100 grams of the food.
- Fruits and vegetables with high purine acid increase uric in the blood and cause arthritis.
Fruits and vegetables having low purine compound are listed below:
- Rich Vitamin C diet is good for the person suffering from arthritis such as oranges, tangerines, papaya, and cherries. Apples, pineapples, plum, melons, pears, avocados are low-purine fruits and therefore can be eaten in moderation.
- Apple: Apple is good for the arthritis patient as it is low in purines. On average, an apple has almost 14 milligrams of purine compounds per 100 grams.
- Turnip, carrot, bitter gourd (Hindi: karela) bottle gourd (Hindi: turai/lokie), beetroot (Hindi: Chukander), cucumber (Hindi: Kheera and Kakdi) white cabbage, Gooseberry, Onion, Garlic, Tomato lady finger, brinjal and radish have low uric acid and hence, considered good for the person suffering from arthritis
- Olive oil is good to prevent arthritis and should be used in cooking.
- Cow Milk and cheese made up of with cow milk is good to consume.
- Walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds and cashew nuts: All are good sources of the low-purine compound.
- Oats (Hindi: Jai): Oatmeal is a type of cereal which is not high in proteins purines and can be consumed by any person that has high uric acid levels
- Celery seed (Hindi: Ajvain)
Foods listed below should be avoided by the person suffering from arthritis:
Foods that are not recommended for the person suffering from arthritis are listed below as they all increase levels of uric acid in the body:
- Animal products (particularly internal organs),
- Fish and other seafood,
- Spinach, Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Beans, potato have high purine level hence, should be avoided to intake.
- In addition, alcohol (beer in particular) and soft drinks that are rich in sugar increase uric acid levels.
- Black Lentils (Urad)
- White Lentils (Urad)
- Avoid Lentils and if you wish to consume Lentils consume before 2PM. Don’t take Lentils in the dinner. After sunset Lentils increase uric acid causes problem in Arthritis.
- Rice increase the pain and swelling in Arthritis.
- Yogurt or curd and the entire product made of curd should be prohibited for such people as it increases the pain.