How to eat guava to get 27 health Benefits
How to eat guava to get 27 health Benefits – Guava can be consumed in various ways to get all its 27 benefits.
Guava can be eaten raw as well as ripe. Guava can be consumed after cooked and it can be consumed after roasting it.
There are a number of delicious recipes of guava. The details about the guava are discussed in this text.
Guava Scientific Name: Psidium guajava
Botanical family: Myrtaceae
Other names of Guava: Guava Maroon, Guava of Peru
Guava (Hindi: Amrood) is an amazing fruit with a big list of nutrients that have huge benefits. The guava tree is found in every place in winter and summer both.
Ripped guava is sweet in taste, digestive, and cures various diseases developed due to air and acidity.
Guava cure diseases related to the heart. People having less digestive systems should intake guava in the minimum amount.
How to eat guava fruit
There are various recipes of guava as discussed below-
- Guava can be consumed raw or green guava.
- Fully ripe guava can be eaten by any one. It is soft, sweet, and yellow in color.
- Guava jam can be prepared at home or it can be purchased from the market.
- Guava jelly is quite popular it is transparent and sweet in taste
- Guava can be roasted in the hot ash. It is sweet in taste and very nutritious to cure throat problems.
- Guava can be cooked with onion and tomato to consume with chapatis.
- Guava leaf tea is good to cure a cold, cough, and throat problems.
Always eat ripped guava only. Raw guava can be cooked and consumed during lunch or dinner. Following precautions must be followed while consuming guava:
- Guava should not be consumed much in quantity if not suits to the person as sometimes some people suffer from cold and cough if they consume guava in the night during winter.
- Guava seeds must be chewed properly before swallowing otherwise its seed can be a cause of appendicitis if seed enters in the appendices. Hence, it is better not to eat the seed, consume only the rest of the seed part.
- There must be two hours of the interval between consuming guava and drinking milk to get the benefits of both.
27 Amazing Benefits of Guava
Medicinal Value of Guava is rich. It has the following benefits:
1.Guava Prevents Cancers
Guava protects from cancer particularly mouth, breast, and prostate cancers. Consuming Guava is useful during the treatment of all these cancers.
2. Guava Removes Cannabis Intoxication (Bhang ka Nasha)
Make a decoction (Hindi: Kada) of guava leaves and give it to the person suffering from the intoxication of Bhang. Take approximately 10 to 15 leaves and boil them in three cups of water.
Let it boil till it left approximate one cup and give it to the person. If this is not possible, give guava leaves directly to the person to chew them properly. It is a good remedy to remove the cannabis intoxication.
3. Guava controls diabetes
Guava is good for the person suffering from diabetes as it controls cholesterol and sugar level both.
4. Guava Cures Piles
Consume 200 grams to 300 grams guava empty stomach in the morning to cure piles and to get relief from piles.
- During bowel movement sit by pressing the left leg to avoid piles.
- During bowel movement press teeth properly to make your teeth strong.
5. Guava Cures Cough and Cold
Consume guava without seed and drink water after guava. Don’t take a breath via nose while drinking water after guava. It starts floating water from nose and all the cold comes outside.
Follow the practice two times in a day till two days. Consume 50 grams of Jaggary (Hindi: Gud) in the night before sleeping to let all the cold come outside. All this process cures the cold and cough problem.
6. Guava Cures Arthritis
Daily chew fresh, green leaves of guava to get relief from arthritis.
7. Guava Cures Fodae pock (Hindi: Fodae and funsi)
Make a paste of guava leaves and apply the paste on fodae pock to cure fodae pock.
8. Guava Strengthens Nervous System in Pregnancy
Guava is good during the pregnancy time as it strengthens the nervous system of the child.
9. Guava Strengthens Bones
Guava is a rich source of calcium. It strengthens the bones.
10. Guava Controls Cholesterol
Consume one ripped guava daily to control cholesterol.
11. Guava Cure Coughing or Tussis (Hindi: Khansi)
Guava is good to cure Tussis (Hindi: khansi) and cough problem. Its leaves, seeds, and fruit all are used to cure Tussis (Hindi: khansi).
- Roast guava in the hot ash. Consume roasted guava till two or three days to cure Tussis (Hindi: khansi).
- Take green leaves of guava tree and boil leaves, mix some sugar and milk in the boiled water and consume it to cure Tussis (Hindi: khansi).
- Take guava seeds, dry them and grind them properly, add honey in the seed powder and consume it to cure Tussis (Hindi: khansi).
- Consume ripped guava to cure dried Tussis (Hindi: khansi).
- During this time avoid consuming oily and fried food.
12. Guava Cures Constipation, Acidity & Gastric Problem:
Take ripped guava, cut it in the pieces, and consume it with raw salt, ginger powder (Hindi: Shonth) and Black peeper to cure constipation. It is tasty, digestive and cures gastric, acidity and constipation
13. Guava Cures Indigestion
Consume guava with ginger powder (Hindi: sonth), raw salt and black peeper in the morning, empty stomach to cure indigestion. It can be consumed with a meal also.
14. Guava Cures Mouth Sores (Mukh ke Chale)
Chew fresh, soft, and green leaves of guava tree to cure mouth sores.
15. Guava Cures Gum swellings & Tooth Ache
Boil guava leaves in water and do gargles (Hindi: kulle) with lukewarm water to cure gum swellings and tooth ache
16. Guava Cures Vomiting & Loose Motions
Guava is good to cure vomiting and loose motions in small children. Make a tea of its green leaves and give two teaspoons two times in a day to small children to cure vomiting and loose motions.
17. Guava Cures Migraine (Hindi: Suryavrat)
Consume ripped guava to cure migraines. Grind raw guava and apply the paste on the forehead to get relief from migraines.
18. Guava Cures Acidity & Chronic Acidity Both
Consume ripped guava with a meal two times a day with sweet sugar to cure acidity.
19. Guava Cures Mental Problems
Guava is good to cure mental agony, tension, and excitement. Consume ripped guava in the morning with an empty stomach to get mental peace and calmness.
20. Guava Cures Malaria
Consume ripped guava with the meal to get relief from malaria fever.
21. Guava Leaves Cures Foul Mouth Smell
Chew guava leaves empty stomach or any other time in daytime to cure foul smell of mouth.
22. Guava Cures Dark Circles Around the Eyes
Make a paste of guava leaves and apply the paste below your eyes to cure the darkness around the eyes.
23. Guava has Anti-ageing Properties
Consume one guava in a day. It prevents wrinkles on the face. Make a paste of raw guava and apply the paste as a face pack to get glowing, shiny, and lovely face.
24. Guava Improves Haemoglobin
Consume two ripped guavas to cure the deficiency of hemoglobin.
25. Guava Controls Blood Pressure
Consume two ripped guavas to control blood pressure.
26. Guava Strengthens Nervous System
Guava is a rich source of vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6, which strengthens the nervous system. Consume ripped guava to make a strong nervous system.
27. Guava is Semen and Energy Booster (Hindi: Dhatu Vardhak) Fruit:
Mix properly ripped and sweet guava in one glass of milk and remove the seeds of guava. Add one teaspoon sweet sugar and drink this milk till 21 days to improve health and to get energy.
Guava contains following important compounds beneficial to prevent various physical & mental disorders:
1.Lycopene (Lycopene is huge amount in pink guava variety.)
- Protects your skin from UV rays damage
- Protects from prostate cancer
- Protects from lungs and oral cavity cancer.
- It is good for eyes health and protects from free radicals damage
- It protects from age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and cataracts too
4. Vitamin C
- Straightens immunity system
- It gives cardiovascular health
- It protects from degenerative diseases
Guava contains the following acids and other components:
Gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin, ellagic acid, rutin, and quercetin.
Pentacyclic triterpene, guajanoico acid and B-sitosterol, uvaol, olenólico acid and ursolic acid.
Guava leaves: Guava leaves also have a big list of medicinal properties listed below:
Guava Leaves oil contains an oil rich in the following components:
caryophyllene, nerolidol, beta bisabolene, aromandreno, p-selinene.
Leaves also are a rich source of flavonoids, beta-sitosterol, triterpenoids, leucocyanidins and tannins.